Two winning Yorkshire teams – York Cricket Club & Lockyers
Lockyers are proud sponsors of York Cricket Club who are currently top of the 2017 ECB Yorkshire Premier League North.
York Cricket Club is one of the oldest clubs in the country and can trace its history back to 1784. Key dates in the Club’s history include:
- 1847 First visit of the All England XI to YCC
- 1935 YCC become a founder member of the Yorkshire Cricket League
- 1951 YCC WIN the Yorkshire Premier League for the 1st time
- 1967 YCC move to their current ground at Clifton Park
- 1975 YCC WIN the National Club Championship for the 1st time
- 2013 YCC WIN the National Club Championship for the 2nd time
- 2015 YCC WIN the Yorkshire Premier League for a record 14th time
- 2016 YCC WIN the Black Sheep Yorkshire Champions Trophy
Yorkshire based Lockyers are also a winning team – we’re the first insurance broker to be awarded the Insurance Times “Commercial Lines Broker” and “Independent Broker” in the same year. Don’t get caught out with your business insurance – review your risks with the Lockyers team.
Best wishes to York Cricket Club for the rest of the season.