Bellwether survey reveals what will keep CEOs up at night in 2018
CEOs confidence in potential growth both within the United Kingdom and abroad is high and has caused the attitude in UK boardrooms to be the most optimistic it’s been in 18 months, according to the FT-ICSA Boardroom Bellwether survey. However, this enthusiasm is not without its complications. In fact, there are several situations that UK boardrooms are worried about in 2018. According to the survey, the most pressing of these include the following:
- Exposure to cyber-risk is a concern for 80%, as they believe that their possibility of being affected is rising.
- Protecting their reputation while also being transparent is a major concern for 85% of boardrooms.
- The GDPR is still on the minds of many board members as 11% believe they will not be ready by 25th May
- A third of organisations find the gender pay gap reporting process to be difficult
- 33% of board members do not know if their sexual harassment policies and guidelines are effective and sufficient
Directors’ and officers’ insurance, also known as Management Liability Policy, will provide cover against claims arising from a breach of trust and duty, neglect, error, misleading statements and wrongful trading or defending / settling health and safety, manslaughter or employment claims. Lockyers can tailor cover to include protection for directors and the company against litigation, cover for the company in employment tribunals (including awards granted to the employee) and also for pension trustees liability.
Sleep easier at night
MY BUSINESS TOOLKIT provides ALL Lockyers clients with a wealth of resources and assistance for FREE, saving you time, money and giving you peace of mind that advice, documentation and guidance is up to date with current legislation. It’s easy to use and quick to personalise to your own business.
MY BUSINESS TOOLKIT can email useful updates about changes in laws and regulations that affect your business and contains thousands of templates, how to guides and legislation updates including the following areas:
- Employment Law – including Employment Contracts, Employee Handbooks and Company Policy Templates
- Health & Safety – including Health & Safety Policies, Risk Assessments, Toolbox Talks
- Regular Updates – keeping you up to date with changes in legislation affecting your business
- Risk Control – providing tools to help reduce the risk in your business
- Business Continuity Planning – helping your business recover from a major setback
- Property Management– helping you be a better landlord
- Fleet Management – including Driver Manuals and fleet management guides
- Newsletters– keeping you up to date with the business world
All clients receive personal log in details and access MY BUSINESS TOOLKIT through a portal on the website www.lockyers.co.uk